It’s been a long while since I have written something “blog worthy” and I’m tempted to feel slightly bad. In all honestly however, I have long past the point of beating myself up over imaginary standards. Let’s get real; I am in no way a famous blogger with loyal followers who care about my regular posting. I love writing and blogging is a space to do so, so yes I haven’t blogged in a while, but that’s ok.
Needless to say, this break has done me good.
Over the last while, I spent copious amounts of time, doing fun things with special people and over all I was sincerely able to be refreshed from a long hard year.
While I’m not the type to make New Year’s resolutions, there are a couple of arb things I thought about doing this year. Let’s see:
• Read (complete) 3 of my already started books.
• Start and finish a new book.
• Be on time for work… at least 3 out of each 5 days of the week. (Don’t judge me, public transport in SA is not the greatest, yes that’s the real reason.)
• Learn another language (beginner level).
• Learn a surfing trick.
• Spend more time with my grandparents. Like at least once a month.
• Teach someone something.
• Cry in front of someone.
• Try hiking. Again. And not hate it.
• 2 more paintings.
• Buy a car.
• Morning pages (at least 4 mornings out of a 7 day week).
• Write a new poem.
• Give clothes away.
• Make something.
• Hug people.
• Memorise a scripture a month.
• Be able to do 10 or more push ups.
• Visit somewhere outside of Cape Town.
• Learn and cook a new dish.
Thus far I have managed some hugs, 2 push ups and how to say “Molo sisi, unjani” (Xhosa for “Morning sister, how are you?”). Pretty good start if you ask me.
Cheers to 2014!